View Single Post
Old 08-18-09, 05:17 PM   #170
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Default Complicated....

Sorry for the late reply...

Bojan, please read again my instructions (posted up on 07-25-2009 12:04 AM) on what this mod does and how to customise it. If you don't have photoshop, Gimp is a free app that does the same job. No photo skills needed, all you do is fill the images with single colors . Experiment a little. If you want to remove the filters all you need to do is fill the aplha channels of the *_filter.tga files with perfect black. Don't delete them or you'll get a "file not found" error. The AP is darker than the UZO and Obs Scope by design, not by accident. Even so, it's a bit brighter than the original ACM 1.10 one.

Cmd_Jacek, you've got it all wrong. I did not add filters to make the marks more visible . Ok, the Obs scope line are Black because the filter itself is more bright so now the marks are visible . But that was just coincidence, since green lines didn't look good on a yellow background as they did on the red one. FFS, now I'm getting confused. Let me explain a bit:
- the "lens" is actually a transparent (black alpha) hole in the background image through which you can see the 3d world.
- the "lens" has 3 components, so to speak:
1. the geometry of the lens, meaning the illusion that the lens is curved on the outside, made by using gradients (black to white circles) in the ObsScope.tga and Periscope.tga alpha channels. Indeed, the Periscope.tga alpha channel has a more "opaque" lens, meaning that it's a tiny tiny bit darker (whiter alpha), but not as dark(opaque/white) as the original ACM file.
2. the color of the lens (the "glass", not the lines!), given by the *_filter.tga files. Again, if you read carefully the instalation instructions, near the download link, you can see that to make the lens brighter, all you need to do is change the color in that file with a brighter (whiter) tint. Yeap, that's all.
3. the markings on the lens, given by the *_marks.tga files. These are transparent (but coloured) images, except for the opaque (white alpha channel) marks that you see as lines and numbers.

Wait a sec..... uhmmm....
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote