View Single Post
Old 10-05-20, 05:47 PM   #2
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgegonzalito View Post
Dear friends: My thanks to all those enthusiasts who create mods and share them on this site. I feel very comfortable with "Silent Hunter 4", to which I have added mods with new German and American missions. I am new to this and that is why I have some questions to ask the more experienced, since the manuals that come with the game leave us with no few doubts.
Quote:
1) In none of the submarines I have used (both German and American) was the national flag displayed. How do I make it appear)
you are playing the STOCK SH4. can you reply with the Version? for example 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.5 Gold with Uboat Missions.
there are mods you can download and apply to your install that will display a national ensign however most are designed to work with 1.5 Gold with Uboat Missions. that is why it is important to know which version you are using.

Quote:
2) How can I know the latitude and longitude position of my submarine at any given time?
in the game itself, there are lat/long markers on the edges of the screen. as you zoom in or out the granularity changes appropriately.

Quote:
3) How can I send messages to the naval high command? I will appreciate all your answers. Greetings!
you have two way of communicating with "high command". if you activate the Mission Orders screen there are two buttons for transmitting. the left button is to transmit your status. in the reply, you will receive confirmation of your sinkings and tonnage for the current patrol and you may receive new orders.

the right hand button is used to get confirmation that you should attack a particular convoy or task force. the reply will be a New Objective or orders to use your discretion for making an attack (no new objective).

i hope this helps. if not, ask away.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote