Old 01-07-20, 10:25 AM   #9
von Zelda
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Steam versions

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Be forewarned about the Steam version though... Not that it doesn't work or anything, just that when you purchase "Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific" from them, you are paying for the "v1.3" copy of the game. However, you cannot add the v1.4 update to the Steam version, plus most mods are written for the v1.5 of the game.

For the Steam player to be able to play version 1.5 of the game, after paying for "Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific", you then have to purchase the "Silent Hunter 4: U-Boat Missions Add-On", which brings the game up to v1.5 - Don't take my word for it though, they may have changed their policy in that regard, so check with Steam themselves. Basically, v1.3 is next to worthless. The U-Boats Add-On makes the game very playable...
propbeanie is absolutely correct.

I use the Steam versions. You pay $9.99 for Wolves of the Pacific which you download first. You then pay another $9.99 for the Wolves of the Pacific, U-boat Missions add-On which you download second. They will automatically go together in your computer and you'll always have both games in your Steam Library for future downloading if necessary. This is one of the few ways to get Silent Hunter IV with version 1.5 which is almost mandatory for modding.

Silent Hunter IV Gold Edition was another way to get the entire game with v1.5 but there is some debate whether it's still available or not. You might find this online but I'd be careful from whom I'd buy it from.

The entire game is worth $20 by the way. You don't have to buy them all at once on Steam. Do what I did, buy the first one to try, see if you like it. Then, buy the U-boat Mission Add-On later.

I started with Silent HUnter III in 2005 and recently put it in my Steam Library. I can re-download SH3 when I get tired of SH4.

Hope you find this helpful.