Thread: What are they?
View Single Post
Old 07-28-20, 02:45 PM   #2
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy View Post
Hy all, 4th team of SH Skippers!

Everything related to SH4 runs great here! Many thanks to Mad Mardigan ....
Everything to how to install SH4 and Mods, he discribes...

You have to read a lot and read it again and again, especially for someone for whom English is not their native language and is only used to "Plain English" ...

I am very interested in what is called Ops Monsun and Dark Waters. What are the differences?

Pages full of how to install it BUT WHAT ARE THEY ????

Are they good MODs for an enthousiastic novice? And why? Or are there better, nicer, others ?? Anyone want to tell me?

easy
here's the gouge:
Operation Monsun (OpM) was created by lurker so that we could playing the ATO just like SH3. i could wax on and on about the background and politics, etc, etc, but let's just leave it at that. :-)

Dark Waters is OpM-Next Gen or 2.0. Fifi cleaned up a lot of unexpected features of OpM and added a lot of new features, such as new campaigns in the Med, Arctic, Black Sea, et.al.

As far as what to play, i suggest DW. However, unlike the US-Pacific Theatre, expect to play your "career" in one boat as OpM/DW is not designed to move a player through a succession of boats as rewards for doing well. so, play for a game calendar-year and when you hit a dead end, start a new career in a different boat. keep in mind that 3/4 of the Uboat crews were KIA during the war, so the prospect of surviving 6 years of war was just about impossible.

no matter what you decide, good luck.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote