Thread: Windows 7 News
View Single Post
Old 03-29-09, 10:31 AM   #48
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Thanks for the quick respons guys, I'm already backing stuff up and collecting new drivers. (once I get something in my head... )

One thing though; I have the 32-bit version . I downloaded it with the intention to run it on an older box only, but it's actually good enough to be a valid alternative for my "big iron".

No, I run 2GB. Been plenty with XP, so I guess there's no real reason for 64-bit anyway. I send an E-mail to MS asking abut the possibility to receive a 64-bit edition for evaluation, but I have this feeling it will be denied.

DX11 - yeah, noticed it had 11 this morning, when I ran DXDiag. Was a big surprise really, since there are rumours already that it won't be a part of the release.

Clonedrives aren't really a part of my day to day stuff. Used to use images extensively, but the DRM of late won't allow you to play from image. :shrug:

I should check if I can boot from the disk. I don't remember making the disk bootable, just installed from XP on the other PC...
*edit: Yep, works like a charm. Will I need preinstall drivers, and will I get the option to format C: drive during install?

Contritium praecedit superbia.

Last edited by Arclight; 03-29-09 at 10:42 AM.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote