View Single Post
Old 11-04-12, 05:46 PM   #65
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonA View Post
With the data above I come to the conclusion every 103.3 days on average there was a proper FIDO-attack on my u-boat with a hit-chance of 22%.
And only
- if it is daytime,
- if date is after 1.may '43
and if i am in the air-coverage of the enemy's bomber.

And not every 8, 24 or 48 hours. Thats pure fantasy.

And please stop explaining how the AI works. It ruins the experience and its cheating.
The chance to be found by airplanes carrying a Fido is really small even with each 8hrs with 50% or even 75% probability on the RND. After play the game a lot with this mod I was attacked by fidos only 1 time per patrol (1 time each 2 months average). This is because a lot of others factors also have a great influence including the fact that the planes only will find you by visual, so no night attacks. And this is a game and i want a bit of action on it. Anyway if you donīt like these settings you can always make these probabilities yet more small. You will find these settings on the files that you need to merge on your RND, provided with the mod. A simple find&replace using standard windows text editor is enough. Or just donīt use the mod at all.

The AI explanations intention is to share knowledge and this way allowing the mod to be adjustable for anyone. I know how the mod works and it continues to be fun for me.

Hopes that it can be fun for you too.