View Single Post
Old 04-11-11, 01:08 PM   #48
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
I used the same tgs from acsoft because is very stable... the climatezones.cfg i do not use.. will be the one from w_clear .... i will change that to have like a subtemperate zone but i need long test to be sure it is stable ... untill than i will not usw the Temperate_A ... only i will create the color file ... and i will add him later

i will use for tropical weather min 5 and max 48 and for sub tropical weather min 3 and max 12 ... will be a nice combination
Well, I think that if you want to use ACSoft ClimatZones.tga with W_Clear Real Environment you should take in consideration a general rework of the latter.
Reason is ACSoft .tga introduces new climatezones, generally narrower and not equally distributed around latitude compared to vanilla SH5 or real environment climatezones.tga. These changes should be reflected in ClimateZones.cfg. Existing Weather and EnvColors .cfg files should be renamed accordingly, in order to correct the change in latitude due to the two different CliamateZones.tga, and of course new ones should be created.
Not doing so would bring to the following problems (look at the chart for better understanding):

1) missing climate definitions for some areas existing in tga file as separate red values (question marks in the picture). I don't know how the game engine is going to manage them (possible CTD's?)
2) uncorrect climate for some areas. For instance a big part of Northern Atlantic Ocean (around UK) would be treated like a subpolar (polar_A) area, while in reality it got a temperate climate due to the Gulf Stream or Southern Mediterranean would be a tropical area whereas it isn't.
3) abrupt transition between different climate areas, due to the lack of intermediate zones.

In the next image I show the distribution of climate with the use of the same ClimateZones.tga and ClimateZones.cfg from the same mod (ACSoft) with some slight modifiction done by me (see my previous post):

As you can see, Climate Zones are now at their correct place:
- Polar (Northern and Southern) for polar climate. Two seasons;
- Polar_A (Northern and Southern) for subpolar climate around the polar circles and Scandinavian Peninsula;
- Temperate (Northern and Southern) for cold temperate climate (most of Northern Atlantic below the polar circle and North of Iberian Peninsula);
- Temperate_A (Northern and Southern) for middle temperate climate (mostly Atlantic Ocean off Iberian Peninsula and Northern Mediterranean Sea)
- Tropical_A (Northern and Southern) for hot-dry temperate and subtropical climate (Southern Mediterranean Sea and Atlantic Ocean between Gulf of Mexico and North Western Africa);
- Tropical Northern (actually not northern, as it lays on both sides of the equator) for equatorial hot wet climate (Atlentic Ocean between Caribbean Islands, Brazil, and Gulf of Guinea).

If you decide to apply these changes, I'm ready to support you with further information or in any other way compatibly with my modest modding skills.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote