View Single Post
Old 08-21-17, 10:51 AM   #47
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Ya know what you could do, is offer the player an update (it'd be an upgrade if it was... lol) - ask them if they want to loose the two rear torps for heavier guns?... They can refuse and keep the torps, but only get the smaller guns. They take the "update" and they get double-barrel cannons, etc., but give up the capability to take out a target with torps... ??
Could work. Then again plenty had 4 torps and plenty of heavy guns.

I'd like things to be where skippers can customize their boats as see fit, within proper time periods etc. Don' want people rolling around philippines in 1941/42 with bofors mounted lol

I'll include in README and advised against giving up two of torpedoes, since PT boat shooting is not like shooting sub torpedoes on surface. Spread of four is highly neccessary more often that not, unlike the precision shots in subs. Most of time(not always, just depends) going to be shooting at a target making evasive movements if get within a decent range. Until 1944, standard torpedo is Mark 8, and it does not carry much of a punch, so going to usually need 3 solid hits to sink anything above a destroyer without previous. Not always, many factors at play. I hit a kongo battleship with a Mark 8 lol it caused a fire and punch a hole but battlewagon kept on sailing like nothing happened and along with it's screen, put a lot of large caliber gunfire near me while I was escaping

Main reason for this is you are likely to get spotted earlier. I have the visual sensors at default RSRD level, perhaps a little better so tha AI performs better in surface battles, since as a surface craft more likely to see them and be involved.

In my sub campaign I tinkered with sim.cfg enough where can perform night surface attacks in subs, slip inside screens etc as captains did. Of course light/fog etc matters.I set the speed factor to 25 knots, so your subs motion does not play as much of a role.PT campaign can still get away with a lot depending again on light, fog conditions.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote