View Single Post
Old 01-06-21, 01:35 PM   #12175
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Pence: 'I will keep my oath'

In his lengthy written statement, Vice-President Mike Pence says that his "largely ceremonial" role in today's special Congressional session does not allow him to reverse the 2020 election results and Joe Biden's win.

Congress is meeting to confirm President-elect Joe Biden’s electoral college victory. Click 'play' at top of page to watch live.

VP Mike Pence is overseeing the joint session, and President Trump wants him to block certification even though his role is a ceremonial one.

President Donald Trump has addressed thousands of supporters in
Washington DC and said ‘we will never concede’

He spoke as his party appeared to be losing their grip on the Senate as Democrats remain ahead in Georgia's second runoff race.

As the first black Senator from Georgia, Democrat Raphael Warnock's win is historic, but Democrats still need to win the second race.

If they do, they will control the US Senate, and it will be easier for President-elect Biden to enact his agenda.

‘Welcome to the new Georgia’, said Democrat Raphael Warnock, a pastor, who is projected to have beaten Republican Kelly Loeffler.

Democrat Jon Ossoff has claimed victory over Republican David Perdue in Georgia, but it’s still too close to call.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/elec...-2020-55558355

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)