View Single Post
Old 11-25-15, 10:49 PM   #9
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Beautiful! but as the foremast is shorter (as also on a brig)than the mainmast AND there are two gaff rig masts What ya got there is a magnificent square rigged Schooner. At least two headsails to the bowsprit and possibly three.
Quote:
the typical schooner has only two, with the foremast shorter than the mainmast. There may be a bowsprit to help balance the rig. The principal issue with a schooner sail plan is how to fill the space between the two masts most effectively. Traditional schooners were gaff rigged,
<Schooner The brig also has the shorter foremast but is not double gaffed(with two booms)>The brigantine, also two masted, has a fully rigged foremast, generally of equal height> definitely not a sloop-of-war such as USS Constellation>It's all a little confusing and I can't keep track of it (all that different rigging) myself No wonder they called it 'learning the ropes'

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote