View Single Post
Old 01-25-21, 09:24 AM   #1
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Default Made the Leap

Hello all,

I decided it was time to try this simulation. Although I'm a Pacific sub fan, I generally like(WW2) submarine simulations no matter the theater. Uboat is nothing short of a very different take for a submarine simulation. A very positive experience and overall very enjoyable. I'm a bit surprised there is not more involved in playing. Maybe there is but just not active here.

The learning curve is steep. I muddle my way through the tutorials. My first attempt at torpedo attack I had 4 torpedoes spinning circles around my conning tower. Sigh... There are some very good Youtube tutorials posted by some members from here. I will be watching those.

The game is certainly a resource hog. I run the following:

1.CPU AMD Phenom x4 9850 at 2.5Ghz. (although my AMD videocard program claims I'm running a AMD FX-4300 3.8 Ghz. Maybe I am. But I doubt it. I will look into that further.

2. MSI AMD ATI Radeon RX480 4GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0

3. Originally 8GB RAM. I bumped to 16GB RAM for $54.00.(this resolved an unplayability issue)

Without increasing RAM the game was crashing. Although I'm at the minimum for some of the specs, I can still tweak the in game graphics to excellent graphics. 40 FPS. Overall, the graphics(water action and greenish color) are the best I have seen.

Now, if I could just get through the torpedo attack tutorial. Tried twice. I can't figure out allowing the crew to do the calculations for the torpedoes.