View Single Post
Old 06-29-19, 06:28 PM   #12375
Tonci87
Captain

Downloads: 116
Uploads: 0

bullhorn Großdeutscher Rundfunk Rework

So, as promised I had a good and hard look at the Großdeutscher Rundfunk radio station.

Currently almost all events on that radio station get played on the wrong dates, sometimes even in the wrong year. This was not a mistake by VDR!

The person who originally created this radio station mod basically just assigned random dates to the "Meldungen aus dem Führerhauptquartier", the Wochenschau newsreels, speeches and the other interesting radio shows on that station.

I have now tried to assign each event file to the correct date.
Sadly this is not possible with every event, especially not with many Wochenschau reports, since I was not able to research the correct date when they were aired for the first time.
Where I could not assign an event to a specific date I researched the events that are talked about in the sound file and tried to place the event on a plausible date.

Wochenschau front reports often have a few days added to them, since the production must have taken at least a few days IRL life as well.

Many events are repeated once on the same day, just in case you miss the first broadcast because you are underwater

A lot of research and a lot of time has gone into this rework, but if you find any errors please feel free to point them out.

I basically had to listen to every sound file in the events folder. You know you have listened to too much NS propaganda when you unconsciously start to hum the Englandlied

The reworked events.ini file can, for the next 14 days, be accessed here
http://www.mediafire.com/file/iv445v...vents.ini/file

Take the file and put it in this folder after you have made a backup of the old events.ini file:
C:\Games\Silent Hunter 5\data\Sound\Radio\Grossdeutscher Rundfunk\Events

Do this while you are in the bunker!

I have asked VDR to include it in the next update.

Want to know when the events will be played?
Open the file and the entries StartDate and StartTime will giver you this information for each event.

Please note that StartTime gives the time in GMT, not in your local time!

Have fun listening to the latest news, it really adds a lot of immersion
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote