View Single Post
Old 02-21-22, 06:32 AM   #9
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
I have to say Jim how the heck did I miss that thread! those pictures from Alaska are super cool, I haven't been up there (yet) but would love to go and see it from a ship.

I have to admit I am slightly jealous too, looks like he has had so many adventures.

I do have one question though why on earth a ferry to Belfast? I do hear stena is a good company and I have dealt with them but Belfast

Glad he is getting on with his career and that he has achieved Master Mariner !
Regarding the ferry question....that is precisely what I asked him at the time and he said that job as well as all the others since leaving Holland America were just 'fill-ins' until a pilot retired on the TEES. I could be wrong but iirc he told me the Port of TEES is one of only three ports in the UK that are privately/shareholder owned and he has to create a company to hold the shareholder stake that comes with the job (we are talking six figure sums here). Or something of that elk.

The wife and my major worry currently is the dangerous position he faces almost daily transferring from boat to ship in these stormy conditions.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote