View Single Post
Old 04-22-19, 12:12 PM   #5
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avio View Post
Thanks ET2. Actually what I meant is the physics side of the modelling, in terms of the environment, weapons, general physics stuff ...
DW is a game.

You get exposed to things like thermoclines and currents and you react to take advantage of them.

To accurately model the ocean in a mission would take dozens of super computers and it still wouldn't get close to what's really going on.
The ocean is a dynamic environment, DW gives you a taste of what its like.
I've had to deal with state five seas or greater and a week later the same location has water calmer than your bathtub or a glass of milk.

NOBODY is going to tell you how effective the weapons are in reality. We get news reports and propaganda to work with, but NO one is going to show you their real cards. We can get a good idea how effective something is by peaking at tests or exercises but you don't bet the farm on those observations.

On the other hand, DW gives you a lot that you won't find in other games. Try to fly over the north pole in Flight Sim. You wind up wall sliding 85 miles before you get there. You can create a mission in DW where you place a sub five miles from the pole and then wander around until you get there.
You can't surface there due to the ice thickness but you can surface within five miles of it.
DW accounts for the surface of the earth. You can't see a contact until your scope is high enough to see over the horizon. These features weren't even new when DW came out, you can observe the same stuff in 688i.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote