View Single Post
Old 04-20-10, 02:15 PM   #893
morttheslayer
Soundman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Lc & Frinic

Guys
Had a laugh at your posts, thanks for greeting Frinic, and Lc you gave me great support in v.5 until a bad tempered Ivan (not sure if it was Arty or T34) smoked you. I was in 'God' mode so probably a bit too casual I must have lured you into feeling safe!! I see your core (well cores) are 3.4 GHz rating and I thought that would be pretty adequate. There may be some sound issues possibly one of your cores may be allocated to sound Hardware acceleration I don't know. I've heard of problems where Force Feedback was related to sound problems but this was years ago. May just be your graphics card.
Now Graphics; Frinic I have a GeForce Nv 9800GTX+ its no slouch but won't hold up against the latest flagship Radeon cards - my aim when prices fall a bit is to get a Sapphire Vapour X HD5870 1Gb card, solid state HDD and new monitor (only 17inch at present but OK). Might get them before I die .
Seriously I have given some thought to experimenting with updated drivers sometimes this can make a bit of difference but I'm reluctant to do so at present while we're all testing and to be honest the present drivers don't seem to have very many issues (i.e.NVidea issued some drivers recently that didn't allow the cooler to spool up when the GPUs started overheating and apparently fried some expensive cards!!).
Lc when you get your new (Pink) paint job we'll have an evening attack with sun behind us and you'll be invisible.
By the way I'm a Bosun now not sure if I've been promoted or demoted!! it's like being married a long time when I can't tell the difference between praise and a rollocking.
BTW Lc I thought you were a beta tester getting all versions!

I had a strange moment after installing v.4 Kursk (heavy mission), the sound setting defaulted to zero - in game settings and it took a while to find it (mainly as not happened before) thought I had sound problem too; but reset slider to one less than max and all OK again.
So to recap my sound settings were re-set to zero after inst v.4 but the CTD didn't happen to me. Wonder if a file has a slight corruption as I had some weird graphics problems after the initial ZW mods release but it wasn't the programme as I reinstalled everything twice and it all wen't away (thank goodness).
Off now for a cup of Panzer Commander's Tea brewed by Mrs Panzer Commander. All the best Kamarades
Mort (Half Bosun Half Panzer Commander)
morttheslayer is offline   Reply With Quote