View Single Post
Old 08-06-20, 10:41 AM   #7
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

There were more issues with the Panzerfaust back in those years. The reload-from-PC bug was cured, I now recall, you are right, but it remained impossible to get the troops firing them from off a roof, even if it were just second floor roof. There was one (night, I think) mission where I depended heavily of getting my Panzerfaust shooters into good positions and elöevated places, and when they reached them in one piece I always learned that they refused to fire from there (roofs, windows), I had to order them back on the ground, leave the house, since shooting from windows also did not work I think, and then they got put down my small arms fire, of course.

Such things can ruin such a match, game, mission easily, and I often was frustrated or furious. I stopped playing with the Germans then. After all, playing with the Americans always was the easiest, and their equipment names simpyl is more familiar. The British did not help me that much, since I could not make sense of the many uncommon names and abbreviations for vehicles and weapons, I did not know what they were and what they can and cannot do.