View Single Post
Old 03-28-21, 11:32 AM   #26
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ok, as fun as this was what with the bear jokes, any chance of getting back on track & seeing what can be done to assist a fellow, albeit younger, subsimmer, to rectify their situation. Don't take it the wrong way, even I enjoy a bit of levity...

Any ideas on getting the game in stock, to begin with.. to actually load up, as it is supposed to. Despite attempting to start SH4, a view of task master shows it is supposed to be working, yet... it isn't. Watched numerous times, as they went to start it up &.. nada, zip, zilch.. a big fat nope, ain't gonna happen, Cpt. goose egg... it failed to load at all properly.

That's # 1.

Secondly, Watched as they did it, but... attempting to uncheck the 'Read only', in properties... the bloody SH4.exe, went right back to that being check marked. Despite clicking on apply then closing it out. Any ideas on getting that to stay unchecked.?

There is an idea for each of those, but both are really... radical in their execution, especially with the 1 to keep the .exe from reverting back to 'Read only'... as it would cause everything to not be read only...

Which to Me, would seem to pose a danger to their computer, if it was done.

Would like to know of some means to get them up & running so they can then mod SH4, to their hearts content & have it work.

Can report, that they have neither Steam or the games library folder, sitting in C:\Programs files or C:\Program files (x86), at all.

The main mods they want to use, the SH4 version they have.. is the right 1 for them, & that being v1.5 Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific: Uboat Missions.

M. M.

It's being worked on now.