View Single Post
Old 03-25-13, 12:47 PM   #5
ViperDriver
Watch

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantiBrutalis View Post
Somewhere there is a pdf file to the V16B1 that states exactly how it works. They chose to work wtih two depths - D1 = 0.25*Windspeed (Nearly 4 meters at 15 wind) Torpedoes above D1 have a 98% failure rate. D2 = 0.4*Windspeed (6 meters at 15 wind) Water below D2 is considered clam, torpedoes there have "normal" failure rates. Between D1 and D2 it is linear - closer to D1, better chance to fail.

Small merchant in heavy seas? I just don't. The ship is bouncing a lot and my eels have to travel pretty deep. I used to try this - usually I could hit 1800 tons merchant with the third eel. Not good enough.
Yep.

I was shadowing a small-draft cargo ship in rough seas (wind 14kts), hoping the wind would die down enough to set up a firing solution. Shadowed it for a day and a half, and then came across a juicy Whaling Factory Ship (still at 14kts wind speed) with a 9.8m draft. Set up a shot on it, torp depth 8.5 and hit it with salvo of two. It went down.

Speed course back to the other ship I was tracking, got back and shadowed for another day or so...winds never died down so I let it go.
ViperDriver is offline   Reply With Quote