View Single Post
Old 05-08-19, 09:20 PM   #1
jscharpf
Frogman

Downloads: 294
Uploads: 0
Default So I'm back to this ...

Hopefully I won't hurt anyone's feelings. I really appreciate the efforts of developers when it comes to new sub sim games. I've purchased and played Wolfpack. Great game indeed. I have watched enough videos of UBOAT.. Also a great looking game...however.

I find myself coming back to Silent Hunter 3.

Weird.. Wolfpack is cool, great fun on a winter Saturday afternoon to play with a group of friends..

.. but after a few missions, when you've run through the procedures for diving, leveling off, hydrophones, chase.. find.. kill.. etc..
.. at some point you long for more... some type of career.. or .. I don't know.. to go out, find the convoy, kill it.. rinse, repeat.. after a while .. I grew tired of it..
Not to mention the idiots who log in and start screwing up your sub.. I guess I'm saying... the lack of depth is what may kill this game.

I went online and found only two lobbies. One was locked... it appears that the mad rush to play has sort of died down..

For me, I find myself wanting to re-install SH3, so I can go out on a mission with some purpose.. the war is going on, I may go to the north sea, I may go west, I may find convoys, I may not, I may return, maybe not.. but there will be a real purpose to every mission.

I'm wondering if anyone here feels the same; that, this recent surge of new sub games seems to have targeted the X-Box user, great graphics, really cool scenarios, but not very deep.

I'm not saying these games are bad. No, they are fun, but after playing Wolpack and seeing many videos of UBOAT, I really appreciate how good of a game Silent Hunter 3 really is.

jscharpf is offline   Reply With Quote