View Single Post
Old 10-16-10, 06:46 AM   #15
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Simhq debate about Tiger and Panther

Hi redns re Ramas post complaining about the lack of punch of the Tiger ||I's 88 mm shell one reason is that the armour of the T34/85 is overestimated in SF and this makes that tank tougher to kill the only way to address that is to reduce the values for T34/85 front armour is given as 85 mm but this takes into account the sloping factor.To make it more realistic I have reduced the value of the front armour thickness to 67 mm which is 50% more than the real thickness and balances the real thickness and add extra to help account for the sloping which effectively increses armour protectio n at some agnles.Not prfect but a reasonable compromise. I have increased the value of the muzzle velocity of the \tiger's gun to 815 m/s as for the flak36 from which it;s derived to increase the punch factor as the real value 773 m/s seems insufficient.

|Re the Panther Ramas has to understand that the Panther's gun had indeed more punch because of the lenght of its barrel L70 versus L56 for the Tiger I giving it a muzzle velocity of 930 m/s versus 773 or 815 m/s as corrected.Thus for the Panther.

What I'll do is post my techn_cfg filesand the common resolution ones here for people to copy or use them to make correction to some values in the muzzle velocity, shell complement, armour thickness etc.

Keep up with thee excellent work.I am downloading your final Prokhorovska missions and looking forward to playing them!

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote