View Single Post
Old 05-05-15, 12:19 AM   #176
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0

Quote:
It would be great if DW went open source so you guys didn't have to reinvent the wheel and just upgrade DW.

I think DW just needs a face lift, but the game play is spot on.
It would be nice if DW worked past Windows 7. We're losing it completely the second we're forced to upgrade our computers beyond it unless we use a virtual machine and just HAPPEN to have an old copy to Windows 7 or XP hanging around. Most people I know don't. (Thankfully I DO have a copy of Windows 7). But running games on virtual machines has never produced very good results aside from maybe dos games. Windows games don't seem to run very well on virtual machines. At least not in my experience.

Our last hope is if Gog or someone can get ahold of it. But probably fat chance of that considering that Sonalysts is a defense company and probably doesn't want anyone futzing with it's code for ANY reason.

It would have been REALLY nice if Sonalysts would have continued the series and improved it. In an ocean of WWII sub sims, their modern sub sim was such a breath of fresh air. I'm SO DAMN TIRED of World War II all the time.