View Single Post
Old 10-04-19, 11:38 AM   #3
jimmbbo
Run silent, run deep

Downloads: 59
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by skirich View Post
Some things I learned about reloading. Not sure if you ran into these but can’t hurt to share.

1. You will not be able to reload if running silent.
2. You can not unload or manage torpedos when paused.
3. Reloads take time. If you selected a torpedo to reload by dropping it in a tube or removing it from a tube it looks like it didn’t take but if you increase TC you will start to see it move.
4. You can see which tubes are in process by watching the status page or going into the periscope view, the tube number will blink.
5. You cannot reload or unload a torpedo until the current process on that tube is finished and you can’t change direction (unload during a reload) until the process is finished.

Thanks for the reply.. All true.

The problem I'm facing arises during refit at a sub tender or refit base...
My normal refit operation using AUTO RELOAD includes
  1. Pressing the REFIT option fills all the spare tube slots
  2. In the torpedo management screen, in either FWD or AFT torpedo rooms, left clicking a spare torpedo and dragging it to the empty tube illuminates all open tubes and starts the reloading process as you stated in 4) above
  3. This leaves the transferred spare slots empty.
  4. Clicking REFIT again fills the now empty spare tube slots
The problem I am having is in my step 4... When I left click and drag a spare torp to the empty tubes, the tubes illuminate but won't accept the torpedoes. Selecting the MANUAL RELOAD icon has no effect.

I have found that SOMETIMES if I sail away from the refit base and submerge I can move the spare torp(s) to the empty tube(s), return to the refit base and provision the empty spare slots for a full complement of fish... At other times, the "submerged gambit" yields the same result as in REFIT, leaving me with a bunch of empty tubes.

NOTE: the problem occurs inconsistently and behaves similarly with both AUTO and MANUAL reload selected...
jimmbbo is offline   Reply With Quote