Old 11-20-20, 03:51 PM   #2217
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: Unsinkable ships...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduke View Post
So I recently started playing this mod, and for the most part I've had no issues. However, I've had issues with sinking a "Large Ocean Liner." I've tried at least 4 attacks on it, with some saving and loading. I've put up to 10 torpedoes in this ship for no sinking. the only visible damage is that the Props have stopped, and lots of fire. I've been told it can take a while for larger ships to sink, but I've also lurked around it for over 2 in game hours for no visibile changes to the ship. I've even completely restarted the patrol, and it's been the same. (Found a similar convoy, with slight differences (two merchants were changed). The in game Date is March 31st, 42'. I am patrolling Area 7.

Am also playing on V1.24.

My question is this ship bugged, or does it take a lot sink? It might just be a base game bug, but it's still annoying, and I wanted to see if anyone else had this issue.
I did in fact, run into an unsinkable ship, before this, the Sen Toku - Carrier sub. Thinking back, I seem to recall running into a Large Passenger Carrier... and shot off around 6 to 8 torp's at her... I then surfaced & just about dang near depleted My deck gun ammo ... before she eventually gave up the ghost & sank... that encounter, was right after I ran into the Carrier sub I mentioned above. I shot 3 fish at that sub & it sailed off like it was superman. I went to periscope depth & awaited a report of her sinking... that took many, many hours before it did... don't recall the exact number, to be frank about it... but I submerged it was still daylight & when it sank, it was night time... I know due to the light change over the Nav map changed from a daylight light to a reddish hue, it was rough guess, about an hour or so, after that light change occured.

Accordingly, this was due to 'mod soup' issues... concerning the sub...

On that ship, the LPC, I have to wonder...???

Of all the torps I pumped out & into the LPC, 1/2 were set to go off below her hull & the other half, into her side. I forget what the keel draft was... but I staggered the 3 into her side and I did offset them from the center-line... 1 aft of that line & the other forward of it. I even varied up the depth by a few feet. I believe I set the 1 aft to be shallow, like 8-9 feet... the center line shot was about 7 feet I think, above the keel draft & the 3rd, the 1 I sent forward of the center line, I set for about 10-11 feet deep... which is a standard set up I use for the big boys, as it were...

Will be interested to hear a reply back about that particular ship...

M. M.

p.s.

Just thought about it & would say of going into your JSGME and in the center of it is a 'Tasks' listing, click on that & scroll down to find 'export activated mod list to', hover the mouse over & then click on 'clipboard' in the menu that pops up.

After that, go to desktop & create a text file, name it JSGME FotRSU active mods list. Open that text file & right click in the page select 'paste' then select save in the file listing at the top. .. or just simply be logged in & on this forum post to then paste that into a reply back here, so that the team, has a clear idea what mods you have activated.... Your choice on which method to go with to achieve that.

Hope this helps...

M. M.