View Single Post
Old 08-08-18, 12:45 PM   #6474
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrywb57
I was just able to see the Corvette Subchaser with the periscope, none of the other ships were visible. Will try to get closer to the convey the next time I'm in game. And send a report on what I see on the map.

Next time I'm in port, I will remove the Bigger Better Protractors mod.
Larry
I checked and sure enough, the Corvette Sub Chaser has the Stock game icon for the unit on the Nav Map. It will be corrected.

Although, I'm not opposed to going back to the original Stock ship icons for the Nav Map for ALL units. I've often wondered why wouldn't a player (especially a new player) not like the original icons for the Map, and when your tired of knowing what direction the ship unit is in just by a glance at the Map, you would simply "enable the No Map Contact Update" in the Gameplay Options and not have any kind of icon showing?? Causing you to actually "plot" a ships course as it would have been done in real life??

Anyway, with over 250 ship units in Ultimate, we apparently missed one!?!

==========

As far as the Bigger Better Protractors, you'd better keep the mod in the game as long as you're playing Ultimate v0.71.....I checked, our next version 0.72, will include the mod from White Owl; but v0.71 does not.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote