View Single Post
Old 04-09-19, 09:35 AM   #424
Katuna
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I would really appreciate that! I know your drawings are of the /41 but given the scale I'm working in I'm sure I can be forgiven by all but the most obnoxious of rivet counters. The Trumpeter model begs for more detail, especially under the engines. Obviously in 1/48 scale there's only so much I can replicate anyway. Anything is an improvement over an empty hull.

Speaking of which (and if I'm getting too off topic for this forum, please let me know), I can't for the life of me figure out the layout of the oil tanks under the engines. From the 3D renderings I've seen, it appears the tanks go from the bilge up to just below the V'd portion of the frame rib. Do the ribs go through the tank? Is the tank in segments between the ribs? I just can't seem to see it. It's been driving me nuts and it's a detail that is front and center on the cutaway of the model.

Snowman, I've been scrounging your images anywhere I can. They have been most helpful in my planning of my project. Thank you to you and all the others on the Subsim site. I know it's not a modelling site but it's been a wealth of info (gushing, gratuitous, self benefitting praise over).
Katuna is offline   Reply With Quote