View Single Post
Old 08-06-21, 12:26 PM   #129
itsjero
Swabbie

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0

I love cold waters and have posted a few ideas for a cold waters 2 or game similar to that.

The trailer looks cool even thought its just a small teaser. The subs looked great as well, and i love the small details ( really for any game its all in the details ) of the russian sub, including the tiny little detail that some might have missed but i saw as the russian sub passed.. the SOKS pointers at the top of the sail.

Very nice.

I hope, as im sure a lot of others do, that this game continues to be built and gives us yet another sub game as the genre is wide open. Cold Waters surely showed the community, as well as devs, that there is a market for this game.

I hope it follows on those lines that cold waters drew, and just goes above and beyond that. So many ideas out there, and the genre needs more games that have current, or even a bit of future, subs and weapons.

I for one would be one of the first in line to plop down some cash for a great game with current subs.

So please, continue and just know there are many of us out there that want a game with current subs and weapons.

As much as i love pretty much any sub game, i simply wasnt alive when ww2 happened or even close to it. So the old subs just dont interest me as much as new subs do. Plus, i want kick ass new subs with the best latest and greatest hardware and tech, along with the weapons they sport. Also, include some SLBM missions with good effects of the nukes they carry.

Nuclear missions and or weapons in any game seems to be taboo including any sort of animations for the explosions. I just ask that you give us some missions that include either stopping a launch and if you fail, you lose a base or a part of your operational area, and then gives us a retaliatory mission. And, on the flip side, allow us the first nuke deployment, and then a retaliatory strike we can go against and lose/win as well. Seeing the mushroom clouds from a distance would be cool.

Along those lines, potentially a status-6 mission or nuclear torpedo or nuclear cruise / anti ship missile we can use as well. Dont have to go full like 500kt or 50 megatons, even thought that would be cool, but tactical nukes would suffice.

Its a real weapon, in the real world, and these are games that are reality, so i hope some dev house out there will include in any game using modern day ships and subs the ability to use these weapons or defend against them, and really, both.

Thanks for being a sub game dev and i wish you all the best. Hopefully you can bring a game to market that is like cold waters, but puts whatever spin on it you have, and just takes that game and makes a game better than that. Its a good bar to start at, and hopefully, go far above.
itsjero is offline   Reply With Quote