Old 02-22-12, 10:06 PM   #810
Ekmek
Mate

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
test version 1.1.70.0 available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?a41hb428jd4267h

Fixed all problems and errors so far except for BIGREG's 3DS Max one on import.

All objects now correctly translate and rotate based on their axis
The XYZ in the bottom right corner now means what axis of freedom/rotation is enabled
Spawned worker threads for the importer and exporter so main thread is not locked up
Exporter and importer now tell you what they're doing so you have some idea what's going on
While importing/exporting the main thread is 'alive' thus you can move camera around view the loaded objects. All other functions are disabled while importing/exporting
Picking problems solved
Fixed logic errors in the cursors and the displaying of axis of freedom/rotation
Under the misc tab you have the ability to show/hide the world and camera axis panels. You also have the ability to show/hide the lock diamond
Fixed bug of where you could possibly rotate/scale/translate an object if it's Flags were 0
Fixed bug of where you could edit position/rotation/scale data for an object even if the Flags didn't allow it

Hopefully I covered everything you all have posted so far except for BIGREG's import problem with 3DS Max file. If I left something out let me know

Next version I'll spawn worker threads when loading the file so that it will load even faster (I can spawn worker threads for each PrimaryVertexData and Mesh so that all these can be loaded in parallel)

Also looking into why the exportation of some meshes (Room_QR1's Objects_01) takes so long. Will try to optimize it.

As you know or don't know the app is currently using my first importer I wrote. I'm going to revise that importer so that it will read in AO items also (since we have the ability to export AO items we need to be able to import them also)

Working on revising the second importer I wrote. The second importer will allow you to change the geometry of the object. You will no longer be locked into the mesh's number of verticies you exported from. You'll be able to replace the object with an entirely new object. The main things I have to do to it is make it compatible with my linked list code and tell it how to interface with Sentinel.

Waypoints: thinking out loud here: app gives you the ability to load a waypoint_edges_x file so that you can visually see the waypoint interconnects. Maybe even let you define the interconnects and have the app write/update the waypoint_edges_x file...

Keep the bug reports coming. Ideas always welcome also

you are a machine! any chance you looked at blender scripts yet? or my gr2s? probably not but just wondering.
Ekmek is offline   Reply With Quote