View Single Post
Old 09-14-19, 08:33 PM   #7
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by skirich View Post
I've been playing around with variables to accuratize my deck guns.
I need some help in deciphering the variables.
Below is a snapshot from my activeuserplayerunits.upc

I dont know and am guessing the relationships of the humany coefficents related to the deck gun coefficients.
I also see an efficiency denominator. I wonder if that is cutting the efficiency required, or the efficiency of the crew?

I tried to up my gunners efficiency and as you can see its well above 1.2
And the weapon in weapon slot 1 has a human coefficent of zero.
i have experimented with Gun accuracy for four years and sadly i cannot see through the fog.
Efficiency in the ActiveUserPlayerUnits affects the cumulative skill necessary to properly operate the weapon/compartment. So, if Efficiency says .70, the crew has to have a combined GUN Skill skill of at least 70. if you change Efficiency to 1.0 the Gun Crew will need combined skill of 100.

next, the Gun.sim file. i thought the same as Jeff and others that the tolerances would be a factor...so i changed them to .00001. it had no noticeable effect for the gun crew.

increasing the Gun Crew skill for Guns helps your grew fire more accurately a little bit but only close in...but that is very dangerous because everyone shoots back and they are VERY accurate at close range.

the only conclusion that i could make is that increasing Gun Skill and lowering gun tolerances seems to make YOU more accurate (and deadly) when YOU fire the weapon. which is somewhat disappointing because you want to be in Control and not on the weapon.
so, i make the changes to the Gun.sim and increase the Gun Skill of the Gun Crew.... but me, personally, i try not to use the deck gun very much BUT when i absolutely, positively need a gun kill, i will man the weapon and stay out about 7000-8000 yds and never, ever take on a warship with guns.

if i ever break through the fog, you-all will be the second person to know about it.

good luck. and good hunting.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote