View Single Post
Old 03-03-19, 06:41 PM   #36
DicheBach
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
My issue is that CW is your typical run of the mill modern sub game that we seen before in SSN, 688i, DW, and so forth. You get a scenario, and you have to solve it. In CW at least you can move your sub around the world, and some options can effect your mission, but it is still lacking.

I like the SH series because it features a dynamic campaign, where how you begin it, and transit, and approach your patrol area can have an effect on your game.

*I want to see a hybrid of SH5 style immersion, walking your boat, interacting with your crew, starting from pier to zone.

*Then mix in some DW style game play, with more of a CW Russian story, than your typical US one.

*Then for your transit, you can have a Silent Steel like interaction or "scenario" situations pop up along with other mini game style interactions, where wrong answers can effect your long term game.

I dont like hearing no one will play that, because they said the same thing when SH1 came out. You cant say no one will buy it, because they said the same thing about SSN and SH3. Subsim alone is a built in audience that will play a game like this,a nd will wait a long time for it... jus tlook at UBOAT on Steam! I mean it is a typical German uboat game with the "Sims" game attached, and I know most of you as well as myself will buy it... why? because we are true nerds, and we love this crap!!!

With kickstarters and other ways of raising money, I know it can be done. We just need someone out there who is willing to take the time and make the game.

No more excuses, time for SH6! Cold War!
Hear! Hear!

Totally agree, though I cannot "blame" any developer for making the game they made, and that is not even part of my intent. Just to get a game to market which runs well and makes the developer a living earns me enormous respect, I do not intend to second guess their decisions.

With that said, as a user, if I imagine myself in the shoes of the developer, I like to think I would appreciate constructive feedback along the lines of "what would make me love this game even more long time . . ."

In addition to SH6 Cold War, I would like to see an SH6.5 Post-Cold War, and an SH6.75, Future War which explores hypothetical future developments in naval warfare.