View Single Post
Old 11-28-09, 08:27 AM   #9
Mikhayl
Captain

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0

Hi Txema, I did ask but they said no. I agree with you that it's a shame.
Anyway I haven't made any new mission so they aren't a lot of fun for the moment. Maybe later if I manage to create a new map, I'll see if it's worth taking some flak

For the tutorial, I never got around that last part, it takes too long to write. But my old playable panzer mod has vehicle config files with translated comments and it's a good template to see what files are needed for a new vehicle, and what to edit.
Once you have the model ready as per the tuto, the scripting comes very easily. A vehicle file has approx ~300 lines, including a good 30/50 lines of comments. Compared to that, T34 vs Tiger has approx 1500 lines for each vehicle, it's a nightmare
edit, Sledge, rigging the wheels takes barely 30 seconds. In 3dsmax, separate each wheel with numbers as in the tuto/existing files. Then select a wheel -> hierarchy tab -> affect pivot only -> center to object -> align to world, and it's done. Repeat for all the wheels and that's it. In the config file there's just one line per wheel, basically there's just a couple digits to change, the rest is copy-pasting.
Mikhayl is offline   Reply With Quote