View Single Post
Old 01-05-19, 01:07 AM   #1528
Leoz
Ensign

Downloads: 253
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteamSub View Post
Thanks for this, just got this game in a UBISOFT sale and loaded the mod as a recommendation from a STEAM user.

There is the tutorial NAVAL ARTILLERY and there are a number of ships to sink with the deck gun. The targets are actively moving and they will leave the immediate area making them hard if not impossible to find if one (especially rookie players) are finding it takes a lot of shots to sink a freighter. I spent quite a bit of time sailing around after sinking two ships not finding the others, but learned about search patterns and compressed time in the meanwhile.

The contacts on the map should help and track down the other ships, again thanks for this

-------------------------
EDIT WOW, it takes like 30 shots to sink a tramp steamer in the tutorial, I do not think the gunnery is completable with this mod running. I'm out of ammo and 2 ships left.

---------------------------------

Edit 2

Tramp steamer sinking for the artillery tutitorial goes faster in VANILLA, however I think am going to open fire only at SHORT RANGE in the mod to see if that sinks them quicker without running out of ammo. The tutorial is elementary but needed if one is not familiar with the game, sice thos dials and what they do can be confusing at first.
Good point. The gunnery school is harder. I do like NYGM for gunnery as it can take a lot of shots. Not unlike one of the stories you would read at www.uboat.net

"Auf gefechtsstationen!"

NYGM
Leoz is offline   Reply With Quote