Storm Eagle Studios

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vainglory View Post
Uh, newbie here...
Welcome aboard! New guy buys the drinks

Quote:
But recently I lost SMS Grosser Kurfurst... The battle ended and another one began with her in it. I quit without saving, but when I reloaded from the save (with Grosser Kurfurst seemingly okay), the battle finished, and a new one began, she was gone.

It's perplexing that she would disappear when previously, in identical circumstances, she hadn't. Surely if fires are under control, and flooding is under control, your ships shouldn't sink? And if she didn't sink, where did she go? The manual has no clues.
There are several possible explanations:

First off, it depends on where you saved the 1st time. She might have ended up taking fatal damage later in that battle if it continued to run.

Second, perhaps her damage proved fatal the 2nd go-round. All damage control resolution, whether in a battle or afterwards, has a random element in it. It's thus possible, from the same starting point, to end up at different results. For example, suppose she was on fire at the end of the 1st battle. That fire might have been enough to damage the propulsion or crew to the point that the rest of the damage became fatal. Same with flooding damage to some extent.

Third, she might have hit a mine or been torpedoed by a sub in between battles. Such encounters also have a random element so might not always happen.
Bullethead is offline   Reply With Quote