View Single Post
Old 07-14-20, 10:46 PM   #20
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Depends on whether or not demographic change catches up with it or not. Demographically the US society is changing, from white and conservative to non-white and leftier, there is little that can be done about that. Even then Republicans for this reason sooner or later will "leftify" themselves in order to remain attractive enough to be able to win elections, juts like the Democrats today are already much leftier than they were under let's say Carter. The angry old white people are loosing in numbers against other ethnic-demographic groups, and with them shrinks a voter keygroup of the Reps. Migration to the US today now is mainly from Asia, Latin America, not so much from Europe anymore. China, Mexico, India, Cuba, are the biggest migration groups now, I think.
Will be interesting, but keep in mind when Obama left office Dems governed less than they had in a 100 years, so while the GOP isn't controlled by the far religious right as it once was, it still does pretty good politically. As usual, mid terms usually flop. I think the far left activist platform is dooming liberals with independents and will so again...even with Trump being as he is.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.