View Single Post
Old 07-09-16, 07:03 AM   #260
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
What an even bigger pity you see fit to comment on the posts of others which only adds further to the 'clutter' as you deem fit to call it.

You do not moderate this area of the forum and I would thank you in advance to desist from posting blanket statements that could well be perceived as those of a negative nature to those members of the community who have posted in good faith.
Jim, the flurries of "Welcome aboard" posts, are well-intentioned and possibly gratifying to the newbie. But they consume bandwidth and storage space on the server. Bandwidth and storage space cost money. As a contributor to and financial supporter of SubSim, I believe I have "standing" in this matter. I agree with BK that I would rather see SubSim's limited resources spent on issues of impotance to the community, instead of feel-good for first-timers, some of whom only post once-in-a-lifetime to get the downloads. Perhaps the greetings could be limited to 1 or 2 official "Greeters"? That would serve the purpose of welcoming new members while still being cost-conscious.

BTW, BK has contributed a great deal to the SubSim community with his efforts, and his posts here, viewed in toto, I don't think can fairly be characterized as "clutter." Just my opinion, but I think he has earned a bit more respect than that.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote