View Single Post
Old 09-17-19, 10:35 AM   #48
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-49733558

Quote:
The US has reportedly identified locations in Iran from which drones and cruise missiles were launched against the Saudi oil facilities on Saturday.
Senior officials told CBS News that the locations were in southern Iran, at the northern end of the Gulf.
Saudi air defences did not stop the drones and missiles because they were pointed southwards, to prevent attacks from Yemen, the officials added.
If true, then it is no longer a proxy war, but a full blown direct war. taking out half of the oil refining industry of another state is no longer just an "incident" or a continuation of diplomacy with other means. Its a war attack, plain and simple.

If true, then the iranophile Europeans look like idiots once again. And a huge military reaction can be the only reasonable reaction. Else the US looks like an idiot, too.

As I see it we are only one presentation of evidence away from open war.

Mean while China tightens ties with Iran, too, like Russia. Another reason not to just sit still.

Or the US plans to leave the whole ME. That bwill piss everybody in trhe MEW, will desatroy the credibility of the US, the diplomatic trustiworethiness of its treaties and its words, and will render NATO pointless a treaty, too. Splendid isolation,yaddayadda, blabla, it spopular in the Us maybe, I understand. But that means automatically a leave from the biw world stage, and a loss of trustworthiness with Pacific allies as well. Taiwan, Japan, Phillipines, Asutralöia are watching the Gulf. What the US is doing there, will make these states evalaute the value of their treaties with the US. Leave the Gulf - and drive Pacific allies into submission to China by that. Good way to go if the US wishes to dwarfen itself for the rest of this century.

Empires must act. They cannot afford to act not.