View Single Post
Old 07-29-11, 03:57 AM   #4
Kaye T. Bai
Samurai Navy

Location: Western Hemisphere, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

The story sub-plot with the sailor trying to hook up with the admiral's daughter is cliché to say the least and has been used countlessly in many other movies. However, this is not the movie one goes for the storyline, but rather the amazing action sequences, which I guarantee will be breathtaking, while the story probably will not be. I for one am going to be looking forward to Liam Neeson and Alexander Skarsgård's performances in this film, both are great actors.

The thought of a USN carrier strike group dueling it out with alien spaceships makes me giddy as a schoolgirl. The thought of those Arleigh Burke-class DDG-mounted Phalanx CIWS' unloading on those aliens. Oh, and did I mention before, Iowa-class BBs with sixteen-inch cannons?

It's only fitting that the movie opens up in warm and sunny Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. Could you imagine how'd they'd get NAVSTA Norfolk's murky waters or rainy Bremerton, Washington to look nice in the film?

Word is that the current SECNAV, Ray Mabus, will make an apperance in the film as a USN CAPT in NWUs: http://militarytimes.com/blogs/scoop...commissioning/

Now, if only a big-budget modern naval video game were to be released. One can only wonder and wish...

Last edited by Kaye T. Bai; 07-29-11 at 04:09 AM.
Kaye T. Bai is offline   Reply With Quote