View Single Post
Old 10-17-10, 03:49 AM   #1604
LcSummers
XO

Downloads: 341
Uploads: 0
Default Beta Test

Hello ZW and Beta testers,

my first impression is WOOOUUUWW!!! Great. Commodore Frinic said the most important things but i have some discoveries made too. Some are of my point of view others are not.
The Panther is not displayed this time, am i right?

The first thing i tried was the Kursk Mission #2. There i saw my new Tiger one (without cammo as Frinic mentioned). If its possible, i would later prefer some more mud cause a 69 Ton beast tears up everything, maybe some spare tracks and some towing cable as seen in many pictures. This is only a suggestinon for the future. BUT wait the antenna is still there.
ZW, you mentioned to make the turret with the high cupola, so i dont want to go deeper.
Kill marks on the gun, Panzerabteilung markings too
The interface is great, with brakes on, stations wich are not controlled by me or AI are blue. COOL.

A little bug in the Kursk mission: When i fired up my, sorry the Tigers engine it stalled at 800 RPM, so i had to give a little bit more gas to avoid it.
I set the clutches and saw black smoke from the exhaust. Thats really nice. Wait wait wait. The envirionment , grass too fantastic.

Many tanks on either side i had about 5.5 to 4.5 FPS in Kursk mission.

ZW why is there a big difference in FPS between Single missions and Campaign? I tried the new russian mission with many tanks (SU 152 were there too) i had about 11-15 FPS. This was really great.

Another thing is thats its hard to make a difference between destroyed tanks. I saw sme P III and SU 122 wich seemed in perfect condition but they weredestroyed. So from a distance i shot them many times untill i realized they are out of action.
Is in the future a possibility to have a damage model for the new tanks, maybe black motor and gun pointing downward. I know this is beta and we are a long way from a finished sim. I only wanted to mention this too.

One thing thats disapointing me is the AI. There is alot of woods out there, the russian tanks are fireing from 1200m through the forrest an i take some hits. I really cant see them and to be fair it would be the other way around. The AI is much superior to me but considering the fact that a tank would fire though woods, it should hit trees and not tanks. Even when i am 200 meters away from a tank in the woods i cant see it but they are knocking me out.

I liked that mission when the Tigers had to occupy a village and te russian tanks were shooting at you from its outscirts where they saw the enemy.

So i said this is my point of view i never want to critisize anybody because i cant make a sim like ZW did.

All in all a great improvement in everything, the only thing that annoyed me was the superior AI with a to dense forret to fight th enemy.
Its areal improvement and thats for sure that you are making a great job ZW, not mention the new tanks. Step by step its getting a real sim.

Thanx ZW, weiter so Kamerad.

LC
LcSummers is offline   Reply With Quote