View Single Post
Old 09-10-22, 07:03 AM   #4
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

At some time they implemented new map data format, and scenarios with old maps needed kind of transformation of the map data, like you also had to adapt to weathe rand time data some years before when takign older scenarios into newer versions of SBP.

I had just given it a last try, and spend HOURS already again with it, the full morning and midday, its 1400 hours over here. The dongle seems to have been shreddered by the licensing procedure now, too, not even older licenses/SBP versions work anymore, and nothing will get ever solved or explained without a hassle going back and forth via emails. I decided to call it quits and leave SBP behind. The procedure is too messy. To imagine I have to go through that again when I replace my HD or computer, is not really inviting, so a life without SBP from now on looks like the better option. Even when buying everything new from scratch would see me needing to go through the online licensing and license-to-dongle mess again, so that is no option. It all worked much better years ago. I mean I am with SBP since 2006, sicne relase, wrote a long review about it, l interviewed them. I did some upgrades of SBP before, bought via okaysoft in Germany (no more an option).

Can no longer recommend it. Even their explanatory videos on the matter (they need to post a full thread with half a dozen of videos and dozens screenshots trying to explain this all, that already tells somethign, doesnt it...) had me at a loss, and some of the things said in there simply do not work as explained.