Old 03-13-11, 09:14 AM   #20
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyguy3129 View Post
Neither one appears to work with OM?
That may or may not be true. I've never tested it with OM.

As I've said all along these images are huge!!! The larger the game resolution, the larger the image file. Just about too large for the stock game to handle (combining it with another mod and I've got no idea if they will play nice together). Believe me, I would have liked to had them smaller but the game won't allow it (to have them scaled to fit the navigation map screen; what you see is what you get). It's this file size that's demanded of me to place the files into separate down loadable mods; categorized by resolution size and separated by a yards or meter version. It's not what I wanted but, to keep the down loadable size to a minimum they had to be separated.

Just why one of the specific resolutions may not work with OM could be the size factor again. Trying to push the game into unrealistic resolutions just because today's technology allows you to do it may be a mistake. As I pointed out earlier, the game was released in March 2007. It's heavily based on the SHIII game that goes back to before 2005 I believe. Many of the "native" images are based on the 1024x768 resolution size!! Anything larger and the game may begin to show its age, larger still and your computer is really carrying the load, not the game engine. The idea is, there is a breaking point to the what this game will take, all on its own. Model T's were never designed to run 70 mph!!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote