View Single Post
Old 01-28-10, 11:19 PM   #7
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Panzerfront

Thanks for answering Trek!

I know Panzerfront form youtube. I saw a few vids made especially of Barmann's Panther mission, the night battles on the Ostfront and other missions. Which why I was attracted to that game. I agree with you it's a SIM and I would say it's a SIN( pun intended) that they did not make it into a pc game because it would have been a great success and probably would have given Panzer Elite some serious competition.I also know that it offers a good variety of missions.

Panzer front bis does offer the Tiger but not the TIger VI Auf B nor the Panther.The game is focussed almost exclusively on the early Afrika Korps campaign 1940-1941 ,except for one mission which is located in France 1940?????

I am not sure why tanks that historically were not even fielded before 1942/1943 like the Tiger I or the Panzer IVF2 are part of the list but they are.The list is comprehensive and incorporates a lot of French, Italian, British and German tanks but no US nor Soviet ones.My only beef, besides the Japanese subtitles, is the limited number of missions.

Tough luck for me because the PS1 is not compatible with the PS2 Playstation(another little marketing trick that companies like Sony and others like to do to multiply sales and avoid people swapping games as they make sure that their products are not multi systems or even compatible(except for TVs and DVD players).Well I'll have to forget about it!

BTW I remember reading somewhere that there are ways to convert a PS2 game to make it playable on a pc.Or is it the other way around? You can google it and find answers on the net.

Good luck and thanks!
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote