View Single Post
Old 05-03-20, 12:42 AM   #1413
Luno
Ensign

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 0

I'm all for workarounds that work. Again, I'm really happy with what the RFB team has done here, if I wasn't clear.

It's really no small feat considering parts of the code are locked in the .exe and the rest is pretty much obfuscated. On top of that, the pace of the game is glacial, so testing is all the more difficult.

Quote:
Ships viewed on the horizon still appear to "rise" out of the sea the closer they get, as it should be.

Unless you plan on launching your sub into earth orbit, there is no concern with this adjustment.

I get you are being tongue-in-cheek, but while your the first sentence shows you comprehend my concern, your second sentence suggests it is irrelevant. If the earth is flatter, the effects of curvature will be much less pronounced.

I appreciate the help though

Quote:
So "flattening" the curve of the earth allows the player to "see" what the AI "sees"

This is good. Did you notice any adverse effects? For instance, players may have to re-learn what distance they are seeing objects at than what is intuitive from observing reality for many many years. Maybe it makes the stadimeter much more useful than it should be, because you can see the whole height of the target from waterline that much sooner.

What do you folks think?
Victories: 1 Merchants (4519 GRT), 0 Warships (0 GRT), 0 Aircraft
Sunk with all hands lost.

Luno is offline   Reply With Quote