View Single Post
Old 05-13-14, 05:53 AM   #82
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

Hi mainexpress

As far as the Patcher goes, as long as you can see those’ 9 Files’ then you have installed ok

The next thing is whether you are running ‘Real Navigation’ or not.

There have been a lot of additions to the game like taking control of the ‘Dive Planes, Engine Control, Sextants,’ and the recent addition in 164 of ‘Wind Speeds’ etc.

If you were to use them then they would need patching and in some cases you also need to make changes in the ‘OFEV’ as well.

For example if you want to be able to use ‘Decks Awash’ then you need to make changes in both the ‘GFP’ and the ‘OFEV.’

Do not change any in ‘Experimental or Advanced’

It is ‘File 4’ where you need to start making changes.

Click on ‘Patches.’

Change the ‘FIRST’ and ‘SECOND’ but only the ‘THIRD’ if you are using ‘RN.’

See my Post #41 on how to change the ‘Map Colours.’ This will always revert back to red when you go back in to GFP again so do not worry your choices stay enabled.

Change the next 3

The next 1 and 2 if you want ‘Decks Awash.’

Not IEC or ‘Advanced Users.’

Change the next 6

Change ‘New Game Destroyed Marks’ only if you are using ‘7-5-0.’

Change the next 2

Leave the next 5 although 4 and 5 is your choice to change if you want to.

Change ‘New hydro contact types.’

Do not change ‘Experimental’ and the last 8 although 4 and 5 your choice to change if you want to.

File 5 change all except ‘AI Units.’

File 6 change the following 1 - 3 – 5 – 6 – 7 – 9 -10

I personally do not change the next 7 but you can change these apart from ‘Dive Planes’ if you want to.

File 7 just 1 to change.

File 8 no changes.

File 9 no changes.

See my Post #35 and you will see Sobers mod list order.

As far as the OFEV this should now be a stand-alone and changes are no longer made through the NEWUI base mod.

OFEV is a matter of personal choice mainly rather than essential changes unless you are into the higher aspects of the game and changes need to be made to work with the changes made in the GFP.

If for example you wanted to use ‘Night Filters’ on your ‘Scopes’ then you would select the ‘UI Tab’ and change ‘Night Filters’ from ‘False to True.’

If for example you wanted set a ‘Hotkey’ so that you can travel at ‘7 knots’ to save ‘Fuel’ then you would go to the ‘Fuel Tab’ and change ‘Hotkey’ for ordering most effective fuel speed from M to P.’

Changes that you make in the ‘TAI and Nav Map’ tabs will automatically now show ‘Enabled’ when you select these ’Maps’ when you are on the U-Boat.

I do not know why you are getting a ctd with the ‘Historical Missions.’

I would suggest that you post me your mod list.

There is no need to type your mod list.

In “JSGME”

Go to “Tasks”

Go to “Export activated mod lists to”

Click on “Clipboard”

Right click and Paste to my Post.

I hope I have explained well enough, anything you still do not understand or want an answer to just Post or send me a PM

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote