View Single Post
Old 09-17-19, 02:33 AM   #1
MrMojok69
Loader

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 0
Default Advice for later war campaigns

I have been playing a lot in 1939-1940 and having a lot of success, but I have found that if I try to start a career in later years, I tend to get destroyed pretty quickly.

I know the increased ASW capabilities of the Allies are realistic, so I am not complaining. I was just wondering if any more experienced Kaleuns might share some knowledge about how to survive in later war years. I don't seem to be able to get into position to attack convoys in 1942 and later very often, without being at least chased off (and and worst sunk).

I try to attack at night on the surface when possible, but I must admit I often use the noob technique of getting in front, going down to 80-100m, and either all stop or 1 kt, and let them come to me. This is fine in early years for the most part (so long as I time my ascent to PD correctly) but I'm getting creamed in later years.

When I have attacked at night on the surface in later years, always from the side of the convoy, I tend to get detected a lot. I guess it's because of their radar?
MrMojok69 is offline   Reply With Quote