View Single Post
Old 05-09-20, 08:51 AM   #12
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col7777 View Post
Thanks Sniper,
I understand you answer, I have noticed in the files a sub/ship relates to another model.
I figured too that the files were shared, they do that in flight sim in a lot of cases, I don't know what program to use to open those files so I could perhaps see what is needed etc, so in some cases I did copy some files from a playable vessel to hopefully get the non playable to work but I drew a blank.

I may have been close and not realised lol. I said in one of my posts, I have downloaded some 'Playable' not 'Human Playable' ships and they look really good models but after spending many hours tweaking and renaming files I gave up.

Col.
Col,
some files are text based, so use Microsoft Notepad.
some are binary, use Skwas S3Editor. it's in the d/l section.
some files are graphic, such as dds, you will need a graphic's tool. check the d/l section or ask some of the modders here.
there are some ogg files which are sound files. i have never attempted to change these or even inspect them.
i am sure that you want to get started so i will shut up for the moment.
my suggestion is to start dabbling...try to make a particular boat change its performance envelope in various ways. then progress from there.
good luck!

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote