View Single Post
Old 04-07-19, 07:11 AM   #277
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
I think apparently I am supposed to control the load out which you can do by selecting the lower right sector from the briefing room. I'll check that out next time the mission load out looks wrong.
As I said, I always get my bombs loaded automatically. I'm not sure what we're doing that's different, but I'll look for that button on my next bombing mission.

Quote:
I discovered the tactical map which will give me all I need to know when leading a flight as well as other modes. It's the lower right clock looking gizmo.
I stumbled on the Tactical Map some time ago, but I never used it and have forgotten what to do with it. I'll try to remember to check that out later. Right now all my pilots are in two-seaters, mostly fly recon missions and are usually second to higher-ranking officers.

Quote:
I also changed the labels so it also shows the ground installations and helps me get oriented and I learned how to select what is displayed in the HUD.
Good job. The Label tags are Identify, which is the one that shows everything in sight, including ground objects, Dots, which shows nothing except aircraft, and then only as dots in the distance, and Activity, which also shows nothing but aircraft, but you can see them at a great distance (far beyond real visual range) and it tell you what they are up to.

As for the HUD, I see that yours are overlapping. You can use the mouse to drag them further apart, or to place them anywhere on the screen.

Quote:
Another thing was I mapped the "move eyesight" keystrokes to the joystick so I can now lean out to the left, or right, and look ahead with a clearer view.
That's one I hadn't though of. I have a head-tracking device, but I still haven't gotten it to work properly. On the other hand my joystick is maxed out. No buttons left to spare.

Quote:
I'm finally getting to a point where I feel in control of what will be happening.
Cool! That's always a good feeling.