View Single Post
Old 05-21-20, 05:37 PM   #9
Theta Sigma
Seabed Comber

Downloads: 99
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSchazly View Post
Missions don't generally work between mods, though.
Some do, some don't. Keeping track of each is key when sorting the folders under MODS.

Quote:
Also, enabling RA through JSGME takes a not insignificant amount of time to move the files around whereas renaming Dangerous Waters folders is instantaneous.
Making an error is not worth it to me, and I know JSGME keeps track, so that's why I choose to use it. As for the speed, I absolutely grant you that RA takes longer than enabling/disabling LWAMI or Alfa Tau via JSGME, but the peace of mind is worth the wait.

Quote:
I guess what I'm trying to say is that this isn't like other games where mods can be turned on or off at whim, Lwami and RA both change the game files such that they're not compatible with each other or stock.
I have to correct you on that. LWAMI is not only designed with JSGME in mind, it's included with it! The same is true of Alfa Tau. It was why I mentioned it up front that some devs make it easy for us to switch mods. I applaud Molon Labe and the LWAMI folks as well as the Betasom devs who developed their mods with our ease in mind.

Quote:
I think it's just more of a headache to do it with JSGME than separate install folders. If people aren't aware of these things you have to keep track of with JSGME (like past me), it can be quite easy to wipe out your entire scenario folder by turning RA on and off, etc.
Again, JSGME saves me a headache vs. the migraine of separate folders to manage. We'll have to agree to disagree there. To each his own, of course.