View Single Post
Old 05-19-20, 02:11 PM   #3
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theta Sigma View Post
The Russian Reinforce Alert mod probably has the most recent additions of platforms. Version 1.49 is the latest release from late last year.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBN...?usp=drive_web

The dev thread for the mod is here:
http://www.redrodgers.com/forums/sho...61&postcount=1

One note...

Most mods for DW (LWAMI, Alfa Tau, etc) are designed to be user-friendly, in that the devs add a freeware app called Jones Soft Generic Mod Enabler which allows game mods to be used, disabled, re-enabled, and sometimes to be layered. The devs of RA don't like sharing the spotlight, so they don't include it in order to prevent other mods from being used. The thing is, it actually does work with JSGME, but you are forced to manually do an install that supports it (This is just if you want to go back and forth to stock DW, or use other mods, of course).

If you do, firstly, you have to copy your fully patched DW install directory to another folder and then run the RA batch file in that new copied directory until done. Afterward, install JSGME for the original install. Now, copy all the files and folders that were modified in the copied directory into a new folder within the newly created MODS folder that JSGME created in the original install folder. Name the new folder "Reinforce Alert". Then you can run JSGME and choose to enable Reinforce Alert and disable it at will.

Installing this way restores the option of enabling/disabling the mod, and even use other mods instead sometimes.

Enjoy.

I tried this in the past but ran into the issue of turning RA off with JSGME gets rid of all missions and saves and profiles, it gets messy. Have you gotten around these issues? I started just keeping separate installs of DW with various mods and changing out folder names to play different mods.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote