View Single Post
Old 05-09-19, 08:08 AM   #45
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronblood View Post
This is what I don't get... Granted, I have not played the game, but I would think, the way to accommodate solo play would be to forget bots and just add quick-travel icons for each station to the bottom of the screen. Or have a little window at each station to give access to certain commands like engine speed and helm control.

If they're going the route of bots... I don't want bots driving while I'm working out an attack course, or watching a target through the attack scope.
Ok, we will have to see how they implement it exactly in WP. I don't know either. But I'd rather have simple AI check whether the boat is still at periscope dept and adjust the diveplanes accordingly (uselessly because you set the EOT at Stop), than have to worry about that too while I am watching through the scope. Or have the helmsman keep steady course in bad weather while I am on the bridge looking out. The idea behind Wolfpack is team work and segregation of responsibilities (though not enforced). And hands-on controls for immersion enhancement. Adding all those UI elements would detract from the 3d environment you play in. I guess they will come back from that a bit to make it easier. But there is nothing from stopping you to become a control freak in this game by doing everything yourself.

p.s. It feels weird talking about another game in this forum. Feels a bit off topic.