Old 02-11-21, 09:04 AM   #190
blueduck
Commander

Downloads: 59
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archive1 View Post
Mad Mar...:
Thank you. Did I miss that information already presented somewhere in the LSH3 literature? Try to avoid bothering development folks by reviewing the data provided, but may have missed that somewhere. If so, my apologies.
Archive1
Mein Herr:
you missed the info in _LSH3-2020-MANUALS\LSH3-2010-MiniManual_EN.pdf at page 34 "Additions in the Harbor_kit.dat" you can read about the sluices and their timing interval. The ones at Holtenau and Brunsbüttel use flags to Signal their next state (opening - open - closing...).

Quote:
Ah well, I am sure I saved the directions for setting up an 'auto' drive for that irritating trip through the Kiel Kanal ("...get to the green spot after the locks...and then...something with the Nav Officer.) Got there (the green spot) click on Nav Officer, but do not get a choice for autorouting thru the Kanal...I know I read the 'secret' somewhere but cannot find where it was. Help from somewhere?

I'm in process of putting together a printable Word copy of the F1 Commands so the player can have a cheat sheet in front of them as the stress level builds.
Archive1
You will find the information you are looking for at _LSH3-2020-MANUALS\LSH3-2020_Autoplot-KWK_EN.pdf.

Quote:
Meine Herren:
However, at the end of the Kanal while entering the locks the gates close and sink my sub. C'mon. There would be personnel there to ensure the passage of a Kriegsmarine sub. On a second attempt, the gated entering remained open, but the farther gates closed and crushed my sub halfway through. ...
As mentioned first there ist NO GATEKEEPER to let you pass undamaged, because it is a fixed Routine for the doors to open and close - no chance to change this. Just stop in front of the gates even if they are open and wait for the next interval. Keep in mind to start your engines early enough because there is a known SH3-issue that they will not start immediately if they have been off for a while.

Quote:
Now after 7, maybe 8 attempts at beginning a career:
1. This should be 1938 or 1939 after I finish the "training" program and start a career, right.
2. But I am assigned a Type 7B in Kiel...huh. Really? Out of the box in 1938-1939 - I get a 7B that has not yet been built?
As an old Hand at SH you will surely know war started in 1939. First type VIIB was commissioned on 06-25-1938 so more than a year before war started.

Regards
Blueduck
blueduck is offline   Reply With Quote