View Single Post
Old 02-11-21, 01:34 AM   #188
Archive1
Commander

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

Now after 7, maybe 8 attempts at beginning a career:
1. This should be 1938 or 1939 after I finish the "training" program and start a career, right.
2. But I am assigned a Type 7B in Kiel...huh. Really? Out of the box in 1938-1939 - I get a 7B that has not yet been built?
3. I then tried to get thru the locks (both pair). There is no green light that tells me the gate is open - as a result I was sunk twice by the gates closing too fast.
3. At gate two in the locks - again there is not a green light (in both cases they are white as are all the other distractions) - again the gates crushed my aft area and I sank.
4. Three attempts to use the automatic navigation through the Kiel Kanal using the Green spot after the second gate: Settled precisely on the spot, was at no image enlargement, did the Navigator search pattern and selected Kiel to Brunsbuettel - both times it took me way across country to somewhere into the Atlantic. Had to delete all the waypoints. And enter my own track which worked just fine.
4. The last attempt in my 1938 Type 7B (!?) I was assigned a patrol area of CG - now I doubt very much that Unterseeboote were placed off the coast of Spain in 1938. I would expect area AN.

Now I am an old hand at SH - having started using it when it first appeared and was involved with all the mods through GWX - not as a designer but as a user with comments. I do not understand how this obviously big project with many hours of work has evolved this way. I would very much like it to succeed, pull in more users and more modders, but this has not been a good return to the SH world for me . I've had some exchanges with some folks via PMs about this.

Let's work it up to a better standard. I do appreciate the hours invested and the desire for a good product. Really I do. But...
Archive1
Archive1 is offline   Reply With Quote